Sellers helping buyers could impact exchange...

's called "seller financing," "owner carry" or "contract for deed." Your buyer puts up some cash, but needs you to make up the difference. If you're doing a 1031 exchange, you need to know your options. Otherwise, you might end up holding the tax bill.

If you (or one of your clients) are selling a property and the buyer wants you to carry back a contract (sometimes also called seller financing, contract for deed or an owner carry) and you want to do a 1031 exchange, please read Gary’s latest article, How Selling Your Property on a Contract Impacts Your 1031 Exchange, to see how that will impact the exchange.

The 1031 Experts

Add new comment

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <p> <br>
Please prove you're not a bot.
Enter the characters shown in the image.